Trützschler, world leading company with approximately 3,000 employees worldwide at 9 production sites, reached its 125th anniversary.
The company was born on August 1, 1888, when Paul Heinrich Trützschler (in the picture) registered a forge and metal working shop in Crimmitschau. Right from the start the business focused on service for textile companies. Though initially the emphasis was on repairs, it was only a matter of a few years before the first machines were manufactured in-house. In 1902, the company received its first patent. Trützschler’s kept on growing the in the 20s and 30s but then the Second World War did not pass without leaving its mark on the company. In 1947, the third generation, Hermann and Hans Trützschler, made a new beginning in Rheydt/Mönchengladbach.
The milestones in the development of the company are pneumatic card feeding in 1963, introduction of the first card in 1967, addition of the draw frame to the product range in 1992, as well as startup of the in-house construction of electronic controls at the end of the 70s.
In the rapidly growing market of China, initially a technology cooperation was formed with a local partner. In 2001, a company-owned production facility was established in Shanghai.
In a joint development with Toyota Industries Corp., the product range for spinning preparation installations was expanded by the comber. In 2012, the comber was presented for the first time.
Under the direction of Dr. Michael Schürenkrämer and Heinrich Trützschler, three new business divisions were established during the past 10 years. The founding of Trützschler Card Clothing in 2003 was based on an acquisition of the clothing specialist Hollingsworth. The business division Trützschler Nonwovens emerged from the former companies Fleissner (dryer, hydroentanglement), Erko (opener, roller card, crosslapper, needling machine) and Bastian (winder). The segments of Fleissner (machines for the production of man-made fibers) and SwissTex AG (machines for industrial and carpet yarns) make up the fourth business division, Trützschler Man-Made Fibers.