The Italian company Manifattura Italiana Cucirini has decided to minimize waste by recovering and recycling materials towards a horizon of sustainability.
The GRS line was created under this corporate vision and consists of recycled polyester yarns, made 100% from post-consumer packaging materials. This range of products, which will be ready shortly in stock service at MIC warehouse, has obtained the important certification GRS 2019-210 Global Recycle Standard, issued by ICEA, that certifies the recycled material supply chain.
In this certified range we find:
- ELAN GRS (textured): voluminous and resistant, soft in contact with the skin, it is used for covering seams in combination with sealing sewing threads, or in knitwear for the creation of totally recycled fabrics;
- KUMA GRS: universal core-yarn sewing thread, valid for any use from Clothing and Fashion, to Furniture and Footwear. It is very resistant and characterized by excellent sewability and smoothness, combined with a natural appearance similar to cotton;
- BRAVO GRS: spun polyester suitable for large productions, for its versatility and excellent machine sewability and a cotton appearance;
- MICRO GRS: recycled microfiber, soft to the touch, transpirant, resistant and voluminous, it is used in high quality covering seams and in knitwear for valuable Made in Italy products;
- CORD GRS: high tenacity recycled polyester, particularly suitable for sealing seams in casual Clothing, Footwear and Interior Design.
The color chart is available with 450 shades to satisfy every need and chromatic choice, even if it seems that the green shade is currently the most requested and used.